Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Funny Guy

I read this guy's column and it was so funny. He and his wife did a marathon and it helped to lighten my day....http://www.charleston.net/news/2009/feb/19/slow_steady_wins_th_place72245/

that was the link if you are so inclined.

Today I realized I have been binge eating for 3 days. Not sure where I fell off track but once I had spiraled down so far it was really hard to regroup and get back on track. Just had a talk with my friend who knows way too much about health and it sort of smacked me back into reality. Sometimes in life we have bad habits - duh. Well anyway, especially in times of great stress we fall back on those and this I have done. When it seems too overwhelming, admittedly I can be seen hiding for an extra 10 minutes on the couch with a bagel and cream cheese before I decide what to do. By the way, she emphasized just how nasty bagels and cream cheese really are and now I have a complex that I am going to decompose and die! Well, I knew they were that bad already but I guess I had chosen to forget for a while.

So I need to make a list of my comfort foods that I know are bad and then I need to make a list of the foods I believe I should be eating that make me feel good. Then with that clarity and clear idea list in front of me I go forward as well as having some emergency code red methods to fall back on when I am feeling stressed and overwhelmed which do not include a private rendevous with reese peanut butter cups. That will be my homework at the moment and I am now debating something that I have been thinking about for such a great deal of time now. Do I need to give up coffee for a bit? Man. That is tough. I love coffee. but maybe I need a break. The thing is, it isn't good to drink that caffeine when you are doing a cleanse , which I will be starting back up on in the next few days. Also, coffee tends to make me do bad things. Not every day. But let's face it - bagel and cream cheese goes GREAT with coffee. Lots go well with coffee - breads of every kind, chocolate, everything bad. So maybe I should take a break from coffee and get my self straightened out. But won't my job be at stake? Won't my sanity be at risk?? I am not stopping caffeine though. I am not really a pop or soda fan, so that won't be an issue, but if there is a tea with caffeine, I am allowing tea. Ugh. Not sure. It won't be forever. It will be good for me. I should do it. I'll keep posted on this project.

No comments: