Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Roles People Play

So it is true what they say - surround yourself with people of your own mindset. Surround yourself with people you consider smarter and more inspirational. Don't be threatened by it - be inspired by it. I have found that when you are around people that put you in awe for one reason or another, you realize that they are just regular people who have a different take or perspective in life than most...and they become successful because of it. One of my best buds from Colorado won top chef this week. He WON top chef. To even get on that show is amazing. He won. I know how he thinks and it isn't surprising that he has accomplished so much in his life. From winning me at chess every time, to his degree in physics engineering to top chef. His perspective is focused and simple. He was a good friend, you can go on a bike ride with him or out for a beer and he has no ego in the way. So far and few between are the people like hosea.

I am becoming better friends with perfect girl at work. We laugh hysterically at times and just get along well. I've let go of the fact that she will probably take my title of the girl in the office that runs. I can run along side her (or perhaps way behind her) and that is okay too. Speaking of which, I am a little stuffed up still but I am done with it mentally. I have really cut back the past few weeks, considering sleep and rest is most important and trying not to feel guilty about it. But now I am ready to rock. I am so out of shape right now it is daunting. But not enough to rattle me. I started my light weights on thursday night after a very long day at work. Last night I was on the treadmill for 3 miles and then did a video work out for about 40 minutes. I slept really good. I am taking some brown algae to help with my metabolism, just another natural remedy my friend has so kindly sent my way! I also talked with her about my fear of continuing my cleanse. I am so afraid of getting sick again. She said that is nonsense. This time maybe start the first four days with half dosage and move up when I feel comfortable. Focus on eating right, getting enough fiber and water and quit being a baby. Fine! Okay! So I might continue that this week.

I am down to just a little bit over 3 months before the race in ann arbor. Its go time for sure. I still have plenty of time to get where I need to be but I really need to cut the nonsense with the sweets at work. Sitting next to perfect girl at work should help with that. Oh...so here I am - I am on day 4 without coffee. Days 2 and 3 at work were rough. I haven't cut out caffeine altogether so I can still have tea and choclate or whatever but let me tell you, it doesn't ease the pain all that much! And I am not a soda drinker so I don't go that route - that would be so much worse than coffee. I am excited to be coffee free for a while. I am ready to boost my natural energy for a while. I do love coffee, but I think I loved it too much. A good break will do me good and force me to switch up my habits for a while. Today I took bree to the play area at the mall since it was freezing and on an average day I would have been tempted to get an expensive beverage at fivebucks...er, I mean starbucks... but since I stopped drinking coffee, and nothing else sounded appealing, I just stuck with my water. Over time, those decisions will help me.

Well, bree is successfully in napping position and out cold. I must get on that treadmill and make use of this time. To all a good day and healthy choices.

No comments: