Friday, March 27, 2009

Everyday Success

Finding the answers to small problems = dedication and progress. I have currently made it one month and 2 days without coffee of any kind. Yes, I do believe I deserve a medal. And now, I think of it and it sounds wonderful, but I know I don't need it. The answers to small problems is when I would wake up and couldn't think of anything besides the cup of coffee. Then I forced myself to choose from other options. What are my options, and which one is it going to be today? So now I have made a routine of making a pot of hot water and bringing my thermos of green tea to work with me and happily sip it throughout the day - it is a treat for me now, and no longer a sacrifice. No time to pack breakfast is no longer an issue. In my drawer at work I keep a jar of peanut butter, a supply of rice cakes and a bag of dried mixed fruit. When I leave in the morning I grab a yogurt and when I get to work I have my yogurt, a small handful of dried fruit and a rice cake with about a teaspoon of peanut butter spread on it and I am completely satisfied. Then I move on to my green tea. My whole day wasn't perfect - they bought us pizza for lunch so of course I ate it! But the morning was in my control and I made wise decisions and felt great.

My training is coming along terrific so far. This weekend will complete my fourth week of my running schedule complete. I am very happy with myself up to this point. The only downfall is that it has been almost entirely on a treadmill, which is not ideal at all, but definitely doable. I went to stony creek on sunday and wow could I tell I hadn't been running outside - severe shin splints for the first two miles and then in the last mile or so my pelvic and upper thigh muscles were all out of whack. So I was supposed to do 8 that day but I only did 7 miles...but I was okay with it since my body was telling me I had worked as hard as I needed to that day. That is the only day so far where I have fallen short of what I was supposed to do. Tomorrow I have to do 8 miles and it will unfortunately be on the treadmill after bree goes to bed so I will just have to get through it.

Really the key now is to try to cut back more on the high fat foods. With the gallstone issue, this is something I should be much better about so I will just slowly build more routines similar to my morning options and I will get it together soon I believe.

No comments: