Friday, March 13, 2009

New Energy

Well I have passed the two week mark of no coffee. I have chosen alternatives like tea and water in the interim. It is better definitely but not perfect. I am at a point now where I know I can do without it, but it is still a painful journey. I am glad that I am doing it though. I think it is important to find my energy a different way, it is so amazing to me just how dependent I was on coffee. Scary really. This will be good for me to go through a training season without it. Then on race day I can have a half cup and it will be perfect!

Everyone else around me at work has crumbled in what they gave up, mostly pop, beer and choclate. Fascinating. I always thought I had a poor ability to discipline with restraining myself but they all caved very quickly, maybe I am stronger than I thought! Well, time to get ready for work. One more day til the weekend, yippee!!

No comments: